Tuesday, October 14, 2014

In our fall newsletter, our new staff associate Will Funk wrote:


Hello Goochland! I am so excited about coming into the Goochland area.  

After having just recently returned from Rockbridge with the guys and girls from Goochland High School, it is safe to say that I am beyond blown away with the opportunity that has been set before me.

I grew up not too far away in Henrico County and graduated from Deep Run High School in 2010. Over the past four years of my life, I attended Hampden-Sydney College in Farmville, Va., where I graduated with a degree in biology. During my time in college, I led Young Life for three and a half years at Randolph-Henry High School. 

After graduating from Hampden-Sydney, I proposed to the girl of my dreams, and Katie Corey and I are getting married in May of this upcoming year! Over the past couple months I have been working as a waterfront intern at Young Life's Saranac Village camp in Saranac Lake, NY.  I am very eager to return to Virginia and start my position in Goochland on the first of September!

No comments:

Post a Comment